Tamil Nadu is one of the largest states in India with a population of over 62 million and Tamil Nadu Generation & Distribution Company (TANGEDCO) is the only distribution and generation company providing energy service to the entire state of Tamil Nadu. With over 20 Million consumers, this is one of the largest utilities in India and the largest R-APDRP implementation in India.
R-APDRP (Restructured-Accelerated Power Development & Reforms Program) is an effort by the nodal agency Power Finance Corporation (PFC) under the aegis of the Ministry of Power, Govt. of India to reduce AT&C losses to less than 15%.
The lead system integrator ITI Ltd have won the mandate to implement and integrate modern IT systems across the state of Tamil Nadu for TANGEDCO.
Phoenix brings its widely implemented mPower™ suite of CIS/CRM products to implement an enterprise wide solution covering the following modules for this implementation for TANGEDCO:
New Connection Management
- Energy Audit
- Customer Self-Service
- Centralized customer care services
- Management Information System
- Disconnection and Dismantling
- Meter Data Management System
ITI Ltd is responsible for the overall project implementation which includes the following:
- Establishment of Data Center
- Establishment of Disaster Recovery Center
- Implementation of a state-wide GIS
- Implementation of automated Meter Data Acquisition Solution
- WAN and LAN connectivity across all utility offices throughout the state
Phoenix will implement its mPower™ Suite within the target time frame of 18 months set by the nodal agency and will maintain the system for a further 5 years.