The core of Lucknow City displays a combination of unique cultural attractions that is still very much alive and retains its old-world charm even today. It is popularly known as the ‘City of Nawabs’, Lucknow is by far one of the admired cities of India and the capital of Uttar Pradesh. The cultural heritage of Lucknow was pretty much influenced by the Mughal Era and you find that Mughal touch in almost everything that relates to the culture of Lucknow. It is the major metropolitan city of India and it is the second-largest city in the north and central India after Delhi.
Lucknow has been selected as one of the Smart Cities under Urban Ministry 100 Smart City Mission. The 100 Smart City Mission was launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Modi on June 21, 2015. Lucknow Smart City aspires to leverage its culture and heritage by investing in inclusive and transformative solutions that enhance the quality of life for its citizens.
Lucknow Command and Control Center implemented by Fluentgrid was transitioned into a COVID-19 command center overnight. Additional epidemic response functionalities were deployed in the next two days with COVID19 specific data integrations, map visualizations, analytical dashboards, incident types, SOPs and KPIs.
The ICCC also minimizes the complexity of dealing with multiple and cumbersome technologies and integrations for improvising the services and facilities provided to citizens. The ICCC has advanced integrations, visualization, incident management and SOP management platform for peacetime as well as emergency situations. Smart elements are integrated with the City Operations Center and the Solution suite includes:
- Integrated Command Control Center (ICCC)
- Field Responder Mobile App
- Epidemic Response Center (ERC)
- Citizen Mobile App and Chatbots
- Citizen Portal
- Emergency Contact Center
- NoQ – Queue Management System
- Geographical Information System
- Grievance Management Module
- Disaster Management & Emergency Response System
- Integration of various smart elements such as Intelligent Traffic Management System, Smart Street Lights, City Surveillance, Solar Power System, Environmental sensors, Public Bike Sharing, E-Governance, E-Health and many more
- Disaster Management & Emergency Response System
Command and Control Center will become the heart of Lucknow smart city for monitoring, maintaining and addressing the needs of millions of people with quality services and facilities by bringing multiple systems together. Lucknow Smart City Limited (LSCL) is using the 3TMEM approach pioneered by us to effectively Test, Trace and Treat COVID victims followed by Monitoring, Engaging and Mobilizing resources. The city has incorporated the Integrated Command and Control Centre (ICCC) dashboard metrics to create a platform that offers real-time updates of COVID-19 cases. Creation of the Lucknow One mobile app for citizens, a Field Responder mobile app for staff and free telemedicine are a few of the technological solutions being deployed. This ICCC consists of a superior Video wall and 10-seater operator consoles for 24X7 monitoring with an adjoining war room.
- Increasing the situational awareness by providing insights using data for civic officials across urban functions through integrating the available sensors across the city.
- Standardizing response protocol at city level through the institutionalization of standard processes for recurring events, issues and exigency scenarios.
- Enhancing collaboration across multiple departments within and outside urban local and government bodies.
- Institutionalizing data-driven decision making for regular operations and during crisis across levels of city functionaries – right from operators to city administrators.
- COVID-19 data is populated on GIS maps with several layers like Foreign Returnees, Self-Quarantine, Hotspots, Spraying Activity, Ambulances Tracking, etc.
- The Epidemic Response Center (ERC) provides reports on Survey Details, Foreign Returnees, Rapid Response Team (RRT) Doctors, Sample Collection and Spraying Activities.
- The ICCC solution also provides telemedicines service to all the citizens of the city to help them in getting the medical consultancy.
- Engaging with on-field support staff to address civic issues and citizen grievances.
- Citizen grievances response and closure rate has almost touched 80%, with dramatic improvement in SLA adherence (Increased from 70% to 90%)
- Effectively used the City Operations Center in this COVID-19 pandemic to bring it under control within the city, and swiftly mobilize various departments to treat the identified cases with utmost attention and care.
- The initiative of Hello Doctor provided a huge value add to the citizens’ health services. The service provides on-line OPD to all types of patients. Consultation with experts across 22+ specialities, via chat, audio and video call. The consultancy provided by every steam of medical science whether Allopathy, Homeopathy, Unani or Ayurveda etc. The patients are also provided home delivery of medicines.
- The monitoring of community kitchen also provided a great help to the administration in helping the needy people to get the food in various parts of the city.
The full-fledged pandemic response center was launched by Shri Mukesh Kumar Meshram, IAS, Divisional Commissioner, Shri Abhishek Prakash, IAS, District Magistrate, Dr Indramani Tripathi, Lucknow Municipal Commissioner & CEO, LSCL, Er. Mohd Zaidi, DGM, LSCL along with other officials at the Lucknow City Operations Center (COC) on 16th April 2020.
Lucknow Municipal Commissioner and CEO Dr. Indramani Tripathi appreciated the efforts of Fluentgrid team for the quick turnaround and their continued commitment beyond the call of duty to help the city with evolving requirements as the situation unfolds. During COVID-19 pandemic, ICCC with ERC solution would play a key role in continuously monitoring (tracing, testing, isolation, treatment, reporting, etc.) and arresting any further outbreaks.
In a report titled “THE SMART RESPONSES TO COVID-19 – How Indian Cities are fighting through Action and Innovation (Volume 1)”, the Smart Cities Mission under Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has compiled the innovative practices adopted by Indian smart cities to counter the pandemic.
Visakhapatnam and Lucknow, where we have implemented our ICCC solution based on Fluentgrid Actilligence platform, are covered exhaustively in this report for the digital initiatives taken by these cities in quick time, leveraging Fluentgrid ERC (Epidemic Response Center) solution and the 3TMEM approach pioneered by us. We continue to support these cities in continuously refining the methodologies and enabling digital tools, along with Kochi Smart City where our ICCC solution went live recently.