Fluentgrid CIS® customer service and billing system was implemented for 4 power utilities of a state in North India, in about nine months. The first of its kind zero capex cloud SaaS project is now serving about 23.5 million consumers.






Connected load


Sales per year


  • Heavy losses due to billing inefficiencies from outsourced billing vendors using their own software
  • Urgent need to quickly shore up financial position to avail conditional aid/grant from government
  • Four DISCOMs invested heavily in implementing a popular billing and customer care solution to 40% consumers, without any visible benefit and the remaining 60% are mostly unmetered


  • Fluentgrid CIS® was piloted in 2 weeks flat as a proof-of-concept before being given the go ahead for rolling it out to 10 million consumers and later 23.5 million consumers
  • Fluentgrid products implemented include CIS, CRM, BI and RPS with MWFM with intuitive user interface for utility staff to go about their daily work
  • Mobile spot billing app integrated with RPS and MWFM to improve metering and billing efficiency and arrest revenue leakage
  • Deployed on cloud for quick implementation, easier maintenance and zero capex


  • First such large utility CIS implementation on cloud on Per-Consumer Per-Month (PCPM) business model
  • Zero CAPEX. The only capital expenditure was to provide broadband connectivity, LAN, desktops and other hardware at utility offices
  • Workflow driven business processes monitored by top management through executive dashboards for remarkable turnaround on the rural side of the business
  • Increased billing and collection efficiency in rural areas
  • Reduced AT&C losses owing to better grip on commercial losses